Thursday, 15 June 2017
Finding the right roofing company for the job is essential when it comes to building maintenance on your home or business. You need to ensure you have a company that is fully dependable. Here at PJ Roofing we have come up with a list of 10 things we think are essential to look for in a roofer.
- Check to see their Insurance certificates to ensure you will be fully covered. Are they registered with Confederation of roofing contractors? Those that are, are considered to be the best in the industry.
- Ask to see examples of previous work – Viewing their portfolio will give you an idea on their quality of work.
- Ask to see testimonials – Make sure people are using and recommending the company. A good reputation means you are more likely to receive a good service.
- Ask for a written quotation, get a free no obligatory quote. We offer this to all our potential customers because we understand that you should also…
- Get 3 quotes for comparison and don’t go for the cheapest! Checking that you are not being ripped off is important but taking drastically cheaper quotes should make you cautious as it could mean poor quality materials. If you are not sure, ask the contractor to explain how they came to that price.
- Get a receipt, ask if they offer a guarantee on their service. Signing a contract provides you with some security.
- Check that they have good communication skills, you want to be able to communicate effectively with the person that does the job.
- Pay via your bank account
- Don’t pay up front – pay in stage payments to the value of the work that is done
- Make your decision based on the company’s reputation.
Looking for a roofer / roofing company ? Please call 01920 460 848 for more information.back to blog